New Discussion юеВ

Re: Link a BL460c on an EMC SAN

SOLVED
Go to solution
jigeay
Advisor

Link a BL460c on an EMC SAN

Hello,

I'm currently trying to link a BL460C blade on an EMC SAN.
According to HP, the HBA is a QMH2462 from Qlogic, but, neither EMC nor Qlogic seems to know this version. However, their is a QLA2462, which looks like the QMH one. Does anybody knows if it is the same ?

M
4 REPLIES 4
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

It's the same, HP version is just in c-class mezzazine format.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
jigeay
Advisor

I'm sorry, i don't understand your answer ??
JKytsi
Honored Contributor
Solution

From QuickSpecs:

The QLogic QMH2462 4Gb FC HBA is a dual channel PCI Express _mezzanine form factor_ card specifically designed for c-Class BladeSystem server blades. Operating systems supported include Windows and Linux. This HBA is qualified for use in all c-Class blade servers. It is optimized for HP StorageWorks as well as supported by third-party SAN vendors. For details on supported HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel SAN Switches, please consult the SAN Design Reference Guide at the following WEB address: http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/san/documentation.html

from qlogic website:
QLA2462 Host Bus Adapter. The QLA2462 is the industry's first, true
enterprise class, 4-Gbps to PCI-X 2.0 HBA. Unlike other HBAs, the QLA2462 delivers unprecedented levels of performance and availability, as well as intelligent networking features specific to enterprise class data centers. All HBAs in the SANblade QLA246x family are managed by the QLogic SANsurfer FC HBA Manager, which provides centralized management and remote control of distributed HBAs.

SO, the first one fits physically to c-class blades but both cards share same features.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
jigeay
Advisor

Thank you for your answer.