HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
BladeSystem - General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Discovery - Platinum Enclosure

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Location Discovery - Platinum Enclosure

Martin was looking for help with Location Discovery Services (LDS)

I am trying to get the location Discovery for a c7000 Platinum enclosure to work in a demo/test environment, but I am struggling in the following topics:

• Where can I find the Location Discovery Information in the Onboard Administrator?

o   For a rackmount server there is in iLO the Section “Location Discovery Service” which I can’t find in the OA…

• How can I trigger a refresh of the Location Discovery Information?

o   We installed the location Discovery Kit after the Enclosure has been mounted and powered up and the information is not present...

o   For a Rackmount Server I need to reset the iLO in order to detect/rescan the location discovery data, but what do I need to do for a enclosure? Reset the OA?

Many thanks in advance!

Lots of help:

From Hussain:

If you go to OA -> Enclosure Information -> Information, it will show a table called “Rack Information” which includes the rack position for this enclosure.

Input from Monty:

Location Discovery data is only supplied by HP Intelligent Series racks:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/racks/intelligentseries/lds/index.html

The c7000 G3 enclosure is the first c-Class blade enclosure supporting Location Discovery – but this enclosure must be installed in one of the HP Intelligent racks before any data is available from the OA.

Also from Juergen:

Just my 2ct., the new Midline rack series HP 11000 do support LDS as well.

Sure all know this.

And from Dan:

The LDS data is read from the rack (if available) at OA boot time.  You must reboot the OA to force a “re-read” attempt (it is not necessary to power off the enclosure).  Support for LDS was introduced into the OA firmware in OA 3.60.

Any other input?