5299 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Lose connectivity to OA Modules daily

Brazil_1
Advisor

Lose connectivity to OA Modules daily

Hi All,

I have installed a new C7000 Blade enclosure. I have two OA modules both running firmare version 3.6. The OA's are configured to Auto Negotioate. Each OA is connected to a different switch.

I keep on losing connectivity to both of the OA modules on a daily basis. I am unable to lauch the OA webpage. The only way to restore connectivity is to reseat the OA modules. I am then able to connect to the webpage.

When network connectivity to the OA modules is lost, I am still able to connect to the Virtual Connect modules and the ILO's of the blades.

I have so far replaced both OA modules and have reseated the sleeve in the enclosure, howerver I still get the daily loss of connectivity.

We have many other enclosures in our environment and have never seen this issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

3 REPLIES 3
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

>  When network connectivity to the OA modules is lost, I am still able to connect to the Virtual Connect modules and the ILO's of the blades

That part is interesting as all of the iLO and VCM data is routed through the OA network connection...

When you lose connection to the webpage do you also lose CLI connectivity?  Can you even ping the IP?

How are the OA IP's configured:

- DHCP/Static ?

- Enclosure IP mode active (allows the use of one IP address that is always associated with the Active OA; regardless of if an OA failover occurs).

- Link Loss failover?  If the timeout value is set too low this could cause problems.  Default is 90 seconds.

Check the OA logs (both standby and active) for any info as well.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Brazil_1
Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I've now had an HP engineer change the sleeve and put two more new OA modules in, howerver the problem still presists.

I'm not able to Telnet to the OA's when this issue occurs.

The OA's are configured as Static IP's and I've configured each OA with its own IP address. I'm not using the Enclosure IP Mode feature and I've not configured Link Loss Failover. All of my other enclosures are configured in the same way.

At this point I'm not sure what else to try.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Perhaps try setting up Enclosure IP and Link Loss to see if this has an effect on the symptoms?

It seems like HP has proven the hardware out and your firmware is recent enough (version 3.71 was just released, but I dont anything that would suggest you update - as you said other enclosures are fine).

If the settings dont change anything, then it might seem like an issue with the switch ports?  But perhaps there is something else going on with this enclosure internally that is causing the problem.  This may be a bit labor intensive, but generate a "show all" from your OA and review each of the blade device iLO and event logs for anything abnormal just before the problems occur.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!