New Discussion юеВ

Re: Management Module Configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
KDoran
Occasional Advisor

Management Module Configuration

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some documentation regarding configuring the P-Class Management Module. I've searched all of HPs site with no luck.

Does anyone have any secret links that I can't find?

Thanks,
Kevin
10 REPLIES 10
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

What kind of configuration are you trying to do? It doesn't have a NIC, so no network connectivity or user configuration. Any configuration necessary is typically accomplished using the p-Class tab from any iLO in the enclosure.
KDoran
Occasional Advisor

Configuration via the Service Port (serial). I know you can terminal in and do some configs, I just need the documentation for the settings, etc.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Check This out it has links to many P-Class Management Module docs.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=445100#3

KDoran
Occasional Advisor

The first link is kind of helpful. But it still doesn't have anything about connecting to the physical service port.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

When you do a serial you will get CLI prompt.
Use the below doc to perform the required operations.
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00291273/c00291273.pdf

Jeff Allen_5
Valued Contributor

Everything in the service port is read-only. So, there is not a document telling you how to "configure" anything - except for the serial number field which does allow input to a new serial number.
KDoran
Occasional Advisor

That's exactly what I need to do is change the serial. Can you give me some basic steps in connecting through the port? Is it just simply plugging in a console cable and connecting with a program like PuTTY?
KDoran
Occasional Advisor

Found it:

Connecting to the Service Port
A connection to the service port requires a client PC with the minimum components:

├в ┬в Serial connector
├в ┬в Terminal software

Also, locate the null-modem cable that ships with the bus bars or power bus boxes.

To connect to the service port:

1. Connect the null-modem cable to the service port. Refer to Chapter 4, ├в Connectors, LEDs, and Switches,├в for
service port locations.

2. Connect the other end of the null-modem cable to the client PC.

3. Power on the client PC.

4. Run the terminal software.

Configuring Terminal Settings
To complete the connection to the service, use terminal software, such as Microsoft├В┬о Windows├В┬о HyperTerminal or
Minicom for Linux. Be sure to configure the following settings:

├в ┬в 9600 bps
├в ┬в No parity
├в ┬в 8 data bits
├в ┬в 1 stop bit
├в ┬в Software flow control, may also be called XON/XOFF

IMPORTANT: The service port does not support hardware flow control settings.

├в ┬в VT100 terminal emulation