108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Map VLAN tags option not saving?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris House
Frequent Advisor

Map VLAN tags option not saving?

Got a c7000 enclosure with 4 x HP1/10Gb VC-Enet Modules (all firmware 3.01 2010-06-03T09:50:38Z) and 2 x HP Virtual Connect 4Gb FC Module (both 1.40 7.12.4.06)

Currently under Ethernet Settings | Advanced Settings, I have it set to "Tunnel VLAN Tags".

I want to change it to "Map VLAN Tags" but I can't because it is grayed out. I know this is because i have an Ethernet Network which has "Enable VLAN Tunneling" checked. So I go go this network and uncheck that option. Now "Map VLAN Tags" is available to be selected.

But when I change Server VLAN Tagging Support to "Map VLAN Tags" (which is available and not grayed out), the rest of the options show up (I don't change any of them) and then click the blue Apply button. The button then turns gray but nothing else happens. The page does not refresh, and when I leave the page and then come back, it is back to the old setting of "Tunnel VLAN tags". The option is not being saved.

Is this a problem in this current 3.01 firmware? I had the problem in 3.00 where it would be stuck "Loading. Please wait" when trying to view the Ethernet networks, but that is solved in 3.01. Is this a new problem?

I have backed up my config, deleted my domain, restored, same problem. I have deleted my domain, downgraded to 2.33 where the option is properly saved, but I cannot restore my 3.01 backup file to 2.33 so that doesn't help. I have deleted all my Ethernet networks (only have 1), but still the problem remains.

I looked in the CLI, doesn't look like there's a place to set this option through there.

Anybody seen this before?
6 REPLIES 6
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

What version of your web browser are you using?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Chris House
Frequent Advisor

Yeah, I knew I forgot to include something. I've tried this with IE7 and FF 3.6.6 on several different computers. Even had a coworker try it and he had the same problem.

I would just blow the domain away and start over from scratch but I have server profiles with VC-assigned WWN and MAC addresses that I don't want to have to change. I guess I could if I had to though. Wish I could export/import just server profiles, or restore a 3.01 config back to 2.33 firmware.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Christopher,

Have you tried to change this via CLI?

Telnet to the active OA, then use:
connect interconnect 1
(or 2 if that module is serving VCM)

Or, simply SSH to the active VC module.

Then use the command:

set enet-vlan VLanTagControl=Map

Let us know if it works. good luck!
Chris House
Frequent Advisor

Brilliant, that did the trick. I couldn't find in the CLI where to do that. Is there a better more comprehensive CLI guide than the one that's out there?
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Not really, but if you use any command with the ? switch you get a pretty clear explanation. For the VCM CLI, check this site:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64180&taskId=101&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=3794423

and download the one that applies to your firmware revision. My favorite thing about this method is that browser incompatibility is no longer an issue! :)
Chris House
Frequent Advisor

Interestingly enough, after changing it in the CLI, if I try to change it back to Tunnel on the webpage, same issue occurs - nothing happens after clicking "Apply". CLI to the rescue!