108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Misbehaviour of Port Mapping on c7000 Blades

SOLVED
Go to solution
The Brit
Honored Contributor

My apologies to you. This is clearly what it says.

All I can say is that this column is not configurable to the best of my knowledge. So what you see is a genuine issue.

I rechecked all of my profiles, and in every case LOM1 and LOM3 map to Bay 1, and LOM2 and LOM4 map to Bay 2, which is how the mapping is supposed to look.

There certainly seems to be something screwy about this setup.

If this mapping is being put into every profile you create, then my suggestion would be to restart the whole VC configuration from scratch. This would entail shutting down all of your servers, removing the VC module in Bay 2, and delete the domain.

Then remove and reinsert the module in Bay 1.

Import the domain.
Rebuild the VC configuration from scratch, (don't import a saved config).

We had to do a similar process when upgrading from 1/10G VC's to Flex10 VC's. We found that importing the config from the 1/10G modules reversed the mappings.

Different issue to yours, but enough similarities to make it worth your trying it, (if no other option is available)

And of course, you can save your current configuration so that if the rebuild fails, you can get back to where you are now.

Good Luck

Dave.

The Brit
Honored Contributor

Sorry again. I just realized that we got side tracked. As I understand it, your problem at the moment is that the mappings look like;

eth0->LOM1-a Bay#1
eth1->LOM2-a Bay#2

This is actually the correct mapping, and is probably why it is defaulting to this in all of your profiles.

Dave.
Nima Gh.
Regular Advisor

And another weird behavior! in case of using c3000 enclosure, only mezzanine cards are mapped to module @ Interconnect Bay #2 !
The Brit
Honored Contributor
Solution

On a c3000, this is correct for Mezz1 cards, -- All Mezz1 ports on a c3000 map to Interconnect Bay 2.

Mezz2 cards on a c3000 should be mapped to IC Bays 3 & 4.
For dual port cards - Pt1 -> Bay 3 and Pt2 -> Bay 4.
For Quad port cards - Pt1 & Pt3 -> Bay 3, and Pt2 & Pt4 -> Bay 4.

Dave
Nima Gh.
Regular Advisor

Thanks!