BladeSystem - General
1753428 Members
4758 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Move Blade from enclosure use virtual connect to another use regulare Ether,SAN SWs

owahid
Frequent Advisor

Move Blade from enclosure use virtual connect to another use regulare Ether,SAN SWs

Hello 

I have two HP c7000 G3 Enclosures, I want to move a server from enclosure G (with virtual connect)to enclosure M(with regulare SAN and LAN SW),

but each one use different kind of SW(IO module) , 

G Enclosure Specs:
Enclosure type : HP c7000 G3
Enclosure use virtual connect FlexFabric-20/40 f8
Servers type : ProLiant BL460c Gen9
Installed Card : FLB Adapter 1: HP FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650FLB Adapter (the right bay is the same type)
FLB Adapter 1: HP FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650FLB Adapter
Ethernet FlexNIC (NIC 0) LOM1:1-a
FCoE FlexHBA LOM1:1-b
Ethernet FlexNIC (NIC 1) LOM1:2-a
FCoE FlexHBA LOM1:2-b

M Enclosure Specs:
Enclosure Type : HP c7000 G3
Ethernet SW (rear of C7000 Enclosure) :(Left bay) HP 6125G Blade Switch (the right bay is the same type)
Firmware Version Release 2112P02
SAN SW (rear of C7000 Enclosure) : (Left bay) HP B-series 8/24c SAN Switch BladeSystem c-Class (the right bay is the same type)

My question : If I moved a server from enclosure G to to enclosure M will it work , can I map this server to existing embeded ethernet and san sws

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Move Blade from enclosure use virtual connect to another use regulare Ether,SAN SWs

Yes, it will work If you move a server from enclosure G to enclosure M.

Only condition is you have to configure your new switches so that blade servers can establish ethernet and SAN connectivity with external world.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
owahid
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your support

but the ports of the san switches is persistance disabled , I tryied to enable it but I get an errorPersistance disabled 2.jpgPersistance disabled.jpg