New Discussion

Re: NIC Teaming with two GbE2c switches in C3000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

You need to tagg those ports and put them on both VLAN´s, basically make it work as 802.1q port... it might be something like this for each port on trunk 1:

>> Main# /cfg/port XX
>> Port XX# tag e

>> /cfg/l2/vlan XX
>> VLAN XX# add XX(Port)

then apply and save, with this config port 17 and 18 will be able to talk on VLAN 1 and 10.
John van_2
Frequent Advisor

Thank you very much. Applying tagging to VLAN's on ports 17 & 18 fixed the problem. I could then add the ports to both VLAN's.

I have set both the iSCSI and LAN Teams to TLB with fault tolerance. I have left the TLB method as Automatic. Is that what you would recommend?

Thank you very much for your replies and also thank you to the other respondents.

John
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

In this case (Teaming embedded with mezz on a c3k), the best option will be TLB.
John van_2
Frequent Advisor

Thank you again. A couple of final questions if I can. Should I Port-Fast enable the teamed ports connected to the iSCSI VLAN as well as the LAN VLAN?

I also have 2 blades running VMware ESX 3.5 with a similar setup i.e. teaming one embedded and on mezzanine port together. This may be outside your area of expertise, but should I apply Port-Fast enabled to those ports as well?

John
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

You should aply portfast to any port connected to a host in order to avoid STP delays (Listening, learning...etc)... OS doesnt make any difference, if you got different vlans on a vswitch, the port where the VMNIC goes ,must be tagged.
John van_2
Frequent Advisor

Thank you. I am now comfortable with the way my system operates after following your suggestions.

John