BladeSystem - General
1751976 Members
5134 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network Fault Tolerance Only (10003)

sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Network Fault Tolerance Only (10003)

Hi,

I have this error in the system management homepage of one of our blades:
Network Fault Tolerance Only (10003)

This seems to have something todo with network interfaces. The status of the logical network adapter is "Redundancy Lost".
Also, in HP SIM I see a warning symbol (yellow) next to health status and management processor status.

Is this a hardware problem? Should I replace the NIC? Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

before replacing a onboard NIC, (which will be very hard), go back to layer 0 and check the network cable, Interconnect, etc.

kind regards
Markus
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Other blades in the same enclosure doesn't seem te have the problem, so I assume the network connection on the blade switch is ok.

So there could be 3 possible causes:
- the onboard NIC
- the mezannine NIC
- the backplane of the enclosure

We prefer to have no downtime on the system of course, so reseating the blade in another slot to test the backplane isn't really an option...

Does anyone know how I can trace the cause of this problem?

Thanks.
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

refer to the Windows System Log and look for events with the source of CpqTeamMp.

It is most likely that link went down on one of the NICs in the team or that the NIC reported as "not receiving" because of an inability to communicate with the primary NIC via receive path validation frames.
WW631550

Restart SNMP service. System status looks fine. SNMP dependencies are HP Insight Foundation Agents, HP Insight NIC Agents, HP Insight Server Agents, HP Insight Storage Agents.