New Discussion

New Bladesystem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alhakimi
Occasional Contributor

New Bladesystem

Hallo dear , 

I got new Bladesystem HPE C7000 with Proliant BL460c Gen10 hosted by provider Datacenter, the Servers should have LUN boot means no Physical HDD in it , so what i got from the provider is WWN and access to the Virtual Connect manager and Onbard administration page. 

i am wondering now how i can find those LUNs , map them to my Servers and how i can boot from them

appriciates your kind help  

Regards

Rashded

3 REPLIES 3
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: New Bladesystem

Hi,

System Admin should be able to configure them for you.  Here are some guides which may help you.

SAN Design Reference Guide and Boot from SAN Configuration Guide.

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Thumb below.  Kudos is a way of saying thank you to a post.
Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Alhakimi
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your kind reply , the system Admin was not too helpful , he mentioned that its already configured in the SAN and i need to map it in the Bladesystem now ,, , he just asked me to enable the HBA port in my Bladesystem because the led is showing down , and also i am getting the following error message whenever i try to add new Farbric channel connection : 

Fabric

Cause: Condition of fabric Fabric is abnormal

Rootcause: Port enc0:iobay1>x2 is administratively disabled

so i am not sure where do i have to enable it ? 

any advise ? 

Regards

Rashed

Alhakimi
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Hi All , 

I got the connection to Fabric C done , there was a connection problem and it was solved after unplug and plug again 

Regards

Rashed