BladeSystem - General
1752287 Members
4681 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OA & VCM fail to find QMH2462 in a BL460c

justk_1

OA & VCM fail to find QMH2462 in a BL460c

I've got a BL460c that has a QLogic card installed in Mezzanine slot 1.

I can see the QLogic during the POST, and have been able to enter the config utility without a problem.
The OS (ESX) doesn't have a problem seeing the HBA's either.

However, both the Onboard Administrator and the Virtual Connect Manager refuse to acknowledge that the card is there?

This is preventing me from successfully applying the VC server profile to this blade.

I've reapplied the QLogic firmware, reseated the Blade, reset the ILO and reset the OA.

Just looking for some obvious step that I'm missing before raising a support call.

OA 2.04
Blade Bios I15 (08/21/2007)
Blade ILO 1.42
VCM VC-Enet 1.21
VCM VC-FC 1.10
4 REPLIES 4
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: OA & VCM fail to find QMH2462 in a BL460c

You've done a lot of troubleshooting steps already.
This happens to this blade server only?
Can you try it on another bay?
On the OA, if you click the blade and the port mapping link, what do you see?
justk_1

This problem is only happening on the blade in slot 1, the other 9 blades show up fine.

OA Port Mapping says 'no card present'

The chassis is at a remote location so I haven't tried the blade in another slot (and why I'm trying to find a non-physical solution)

I should mention that I'm becoming wary of ever using slot 1... on 3 different chassis we've had the blade in slot 1 have power issues ie blade powers up after reseat, but won't power up after being shutdown. OA reports power still being consumed while shutdown? Swapping blades slots around has fixed this in the past.
justk_1

Update...

We've relocated the problem blade back to our local data centre, and it still has the same problem in a totally different enclosure.

Support call has been raised with HP.
justk_1

The problem has been fixed... it took two replacement motherboards, the first replacement had the exact same issue?