108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OA displays wrong server names

SOLVED
Go to solution
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

OA displays wrong server names

How does the OA Device Bay list get updated with server names? We are migrating VC profiles and want to know what needs to happen in order for the correct name to be displayed in the OnBoard Administrator. It is confusing to have the wrong names appear. There is a Refresh but that doesn't seem to work. Is there an agent that needs to be running when you do the refresh?
6 REPLIES 6
tstock

Hi,

Did you fill in the information in the Enclosure Bay IP Addressing under Enclosure Settings? I believe it gets the information from there.
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

Looking at the Enclosure Bay IP addressing settings, I have set all the relevant information. My question is how does OA get the server names. It retrieved them at one point but once you migrate the Virtual Connect profiles, the name does not get updated and I am trying to find out what needs to happen for the new server name to appear. Should it get the name from one of the HP management agents?
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi Carolyn,

OA Gets the Server name from server RBSU.
There is option server Name and Asset tag.
Both Fields are retrieved from the same.

There is no need of any agents to be running on the system.

If there is no name specified it will show the Product name.

Regards,
Raghuarch
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

Based on your response I assume I should make sure we are running the latest iLO and OA fw? I have OA 2.10 and iLO 1.35. I know there is a later version of iLO available so I will try that.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Latest version of iLO.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=e
n&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=1146658&swItem=MTX-9f76e0c15d0a4
d28825b80df03&prodNameId=1135772&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&taskId=135&
amp;mode=4&idx=3

Regards,
Raghuarch
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

From my experience it helps with a reboot of the ilo card. I know that the OA card uses Ilo to get info like the servers ID number and part number.