1747988 Members
4869 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Onboard Administrator IP addresses

Dennis Agterberg

Onboard Administrator IP addresses

Hi,

I am at a site where they have a bunch of HP7000c enclosures (2 Datacenters, 7 Enclosures in each DC) configured with 2 Onboad Administrators and Enclosure IP Mode enabled. I see they have configured both the active and standby OA with the same IP address.

A new enclosure which is just installed doesn't accept this config. I enabled Enclosure IP Mode and configured both Active and Standby Enclosures with the same IP address. As a result my browser flips between the active and the standby OA.

What's going on? Must the standby OA be configured with a different IP address, even with Enclosure IP Mode enabled?

Regards,

Dennis
6 REPLIES 6
Viveki
Trusted Contributor

Re: Onboard Administrator IP addresses

Hi Dennis,

I believe you need to treat both OAs as different entities or systems. They should have different IP addresses.

Also you forget to mention the OA FW details (for both working and nonworking setups)
Dennis Agterberg

All enclosures have firmware version 2.51
Also the new one
Viveki
Trusted Contributor

It sounds tricky ....

I must say we need to troubleshoot why the old setup is working fine, as the new set up shows a normal behaviour ;). Normally you should not assign the same ip to both the OAs.

I dont have a setup to check the same. Could anybody correct me. if I am wrong?
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Hi Dennis.

Configure each OA with a different IP (same subnet).

The OA's are smart enough to know which one is active and will always take you there.

HTH

Dave.
Dennis Agterberg

Cool

You want to know the funny part.

We let HP configure all 14 enclosures (was a project). Only the new ones (number 15 and 16) are done by me. And I wanted to configure them the same way as the others

So it looks like HP misconfigured the 14 we already have

Gonna log a case with HP support

To all: thank you for your help/comments
jdeavers919
Occasional Advisor

Regardless of IP mode enabled the OAs require a seperate IP Address.

Thanks