108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Onboard Administrator (Not Redundant) - Hot reseat

SOLVED
Go to solution
Will.Bertolini

Onboard Administrator (Not Redundant) - Hot reseat

Gooday all,

I have a very simple question. We currently have a c7000 enclosure with 15 BL460c g5/g6. Only one OA.

I have a problem where 3 of the blade servers shows RED crosses and a description that the management processor failed. ILO adresses is assigned by EBIPA and working except the three.

According to recent threads i need segrigate the management network from the LAN and then reseat the OA.

I already segregated the management network from the production LAN. I now need to reseat the OA.
Can i do this ONline?
What impact will it have on the interconnect bays?

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Onboard Administrator (Not Redundant) - Hot reseat

No effect. Everything will stay online and communicate. All the fans will spin to full speed to protect things, then slow down when OA becomes available again.
Will.Bertolini

Thanks for the quick reply...

I just want to confirm. I can UNPLUG the OA and all SAN and ETHERNET connections will still be active?

Thanks
almark
Occasional Advisor
Solution

You just can not access to the OA web interface. All servers will run in normal mode.
Tested with c3000 enclosure.
almark
Occasional Advisor

"I have a problem where 3 of the blade servers shows RED crosses and a description that the management processor failed. "

check compatibility OA firmware version and iLO versions of blade servers.
Will.Bertolini

Thanks, I reseated the OA and all systems were still green. Nevertheless, i still have the 3 servers showing errors.

I guess i will have to restart the affected servers to confim it's respective ILO firmware revisions. Or is there a online method to confirm?
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

ILO firmware version is shown on the system status page of the ilo itself. This doesnt always tally with what the OA shows (but usually gets sorted with the oa reset which you have done). I've seen similar messages but there and there hasnt been a problem (i.e. i can get on the ilo ok).
Is it the g6's that are complaining or is it random? Did you mention what fw the OA is? There are some compatabilty requirements.