108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PSTool Power Supply Identification Utility for Linux/VMware version 1.00

SOLVED
Go to solution
BelaGuez
Advisor

PSTool Power Supply Identification Utility for Linux/VMware version 1.00

As per the customer advisory HP sent out at the end of last month I'm trying to identify power supplies that may require replacement.

Two of the chassis are running firmware 2.20 and for various reasons a firmware update to 2.25 in order to use the Windows based PSTool utility is not feasible. Given this I am trying to use the Linux based tool. I am by no means at all familure with Linux but I have access to a Ubuntu machine on the network that meets all the perl, expect and net::ping requirements yet when I run the ./oa.pl script I get the following

SCAN OF 0 OA's COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY
Identified 0 power supplies for replacement
Skipped 2 OA's during scan
Unable to contact 0 OA's

From which I take that it is able to contact my OA's as it does not say its unable to contact them but for some reason its skipping over them.

There are no logs of any use provided with the scripts from HP. Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot why the OA's are being skipped?
3 REPLIES 3
JKytsi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: PSTool Power Supply Identification Utility for Linux/VMware version 1.00

script instructions specify that you _must_ have SSH keys for the OAs available in scanning host.

You can aquire those for example with putty session to OA.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
BelaGuez
Advisor

Ok my mistake I had not read that clearly. You are of course correct I had read it as being a requirement of the Windows version of the PSTool
BelaGuez
Advisor

Tested and working