5522 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: PXE-E51 "No DHCP or DHCP Proxy Offers received" error

Mike Costa
Advisor

PXE-E51 "No DHCP or DHCP Proxy Offers received" error

Hi there,

i have a (dl360) DC with win2k3 enterprise, and it have dhcp configured.two nics, two diferent ip´s range.
1- ip- 10.30.46.x
mask 255.255.255.0
2- ip- 192.168.x.x
mask 255.255.0.0
dhcp is configured with 192.168.x.x scope

i have other machine (dl380) with RDP for blades (Altiris + pxe).this is out of domain. two nics, the two same ip range

i´ve two new Enterasys lan switch

i´ve 9 blades 20p g4 (each blade have two nics)

MY PROBLEM IS:

turn on one blade the ilo gets an ip , and nics gets also an ip from dhcp, it´s ok....
the blade boot from pxe,and blade now is waiting for any action from altiris.

If i send for exemple a read image script, the first thing is reboot, and it´s ok....IT GETS THE SAME IP FOR ILO.......BUT WHEN IT TRY TO BOOT FROM PXE AGAIN....NO IP......AND PXE-E51 "No DHCP or DHCP Proxy Offers received" error, it happens with all 9 blades.
if i power down DC with dhcp, or some times when i stop and start again dhcp, suddenly they become to get ip address again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP......i´ve lost hours to trying to solte the problem:(
Now i have one blade instaled with win2k3, and i could make a image.

TKS A LOT
3 REPLIES 3
David Graham_8
Advisor

In the BIOS of the blade you should set only one blade to boot from PXE.

But more basic than than, isolate yourself onto one of your two networks, have multi-homed blades with two DHCP scopes running and trying to PXE boot will only create issues.

It sounds like the DHCP offer is taken and the blade does not know which route to take to get back to your Altiris server.

Take small steps. Disable the 192.x dhcp scope. Boot from the 10.x scope only, get yourself an address, then send your script to the server. You should have no issues.

Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Mike Costa
Advisor

turn off Spanning Tree in both switch, it´s seems to be better, but, sometimes PXE error appears again!!!!!

Tks