3932 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Pb Tagging Vlan on BL 460C g5

RENAULT_4

Pb Tagging Vlan on BL 460C g5

Hi,
The tagging don't work on a bl 460c g5.
In the same enclosure, there is a bl 460c g1 and the tagging works fine. I've upgrade the blade with all new firmware. Everything is up to date.
I've got 5 others bl 460c g5 and the problem is the same.
Any ideas ?
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Re: Pb Tagging Vlan on BL 460C g5

Have you definitely done the Broadcom NIC Firmware update, the Broadcom driver and the NIC Teaming utility?
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

What operating system?

What version of NCU?

what type of switch are they connected to and what is the port config?
RENAULT_4

First, i upgrade the firmware with the hp firware cd 8.50, then download new firmware and drivers from the Hp site. Made many installations with smartstart 8.0 to 8.25. Try many version of Ncu (9.40 to 9.65.09). Il have good result with the ncu 8.40 yes 8.40 (an old one) but the drivers card does not support this version. I made the teaming and tagging with the version 9.50 - 9.65 and downgrade the version of ncu to 8.40 and the tagging works fine but i can't launch the ncu anymore because of the incompatibility of versions (drivers / Ncu). The os is windows 2003 enterprise edition.
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

NCU version 9.50 to 9.65 have had a behavior change as it pertains to VLAN Tagging.

Before, all VLANs identified in the NCU would send traffic tagged.

But with NCU 9.50, now the VLAN that is identified as the Default/Native VLAN ID will send frames untagged.

Therefore, that VLAN will need to be the Native VLAN (or PVID) on your switch port that the NIC connects to.

A possible workaround is to create an additional VLAN (say VLAN 1) and set it as the Default/Native VLAN ID. This will allow all of your desired VLANs to still send traffic tagged.
RENAULT_4

Thanks you all for your investigations.
It works fine now.
Specials thanks to Hem.