1752806 Members
5687 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Power Problem in 7000 series enclosure

Chris Coates_1
Advisor

Power Problem in 7000 series enclosure

We have begun seeing many power errors in SIM regarding one of our enclosures.
This is a single phase enclosure.
The SIM alerts always indicate that either power supply 2 or power supply 5 has failed.
These errors are coming in at several per minute. The power supplies have not failed, and just to be sure I replaced both. The errors have continued.
I have also replaced the "Power Module" (The removable module where the 6 power cords attach) this too failed to solve the problem. I have also changed which cord is plugged into which plug on the modular PDUs. The problem remains - still indicating the same power supplies.

Attached is the error from SIM

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi Chris,

You are right. It is a fake alert.
I assume you have Enabled Dynamic Power savings mode in OA correct me if i am wrong?
If you are using OA version 2.13 you should not see this error.
Please can you post the version of the OA.
from the OA CLI Execute the command "update show tray" can you post what is the version?

OA 2.13
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=1844065&swItem=MTX-5c3b51b8459f476b8a25d6c091&prodNameId=3692952&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=3

Regards,

Chris Coates_1
Advisor

Here is the output you requested.
Dynamic power is enabled.

Chris

OA-001A4BCD006C> update show tray

Device Name Location Version NewVer
sion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
TRAY | BladeSystem c7000 Onboard Administrator Tray | - | 1.2 | 1.2
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

You are having the latest Version of Tray.
I have seen people mentioning the problem about the power supply 2 and power supply 5.
These are the power supplies go under change when you have Dynamic savings enabled.

i don't know how to fix it ... Some one can put more light into this.
Chris Coates_1
Advisor

I disabled Dynamic Power and the errors went away.
Jen Mek
Occasional Advisor

I have this issue, as well, and I have firmware version 2.13 installed. The errors are always with power supply 2 & 5 and the errors always fail and recover within the same instant.

I have a case open with HP.
Jen Mek
Occasional Advisor

The solution is with OA firmware 2.20, which has been released. I flashed two of my OAs that were exibiting the behavior, and they have not shown the problem again.