HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
BladeSystem - General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProLiant BL460c G1 - NC360m Dual Port 1Gb NIC not showing up in Mezzanine Port 1

Nick Fordham
Occasional Visitor

ProLiant BL460c G1 - NC360m Dual Port 1Gb NIC not showing up in Mezzanine Port 1

I have 4 of the above blades in a C3000 Enclosure. 3 of the blades have the NC360m in Mezzanine Slot 1, the 4th only detects it when in slot 2, and is mapping to bays 3 and 4 instead of bay 2 where all the others point. They all have the same bios version. Does this sound like hardware or is there a bios setting or something I can change?
1 REPLY
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Re: ProLiant BL460c G1 - NC360m Dual Port 1Gb NIC not showing up in Mezzanine Port 1

Nick,

the fact that the card is not recognized in mezzanine slot 1 is the problem, that same card does get seen in slot2 means there must be a problem with the systemboard of your 4-th blade and it's mezzanine slot 1.

When you install the card in mezzanine slot 2 it is normal that the ports map to bay 3&4, this is by design and cannot be changed, the links between the server blades mezzanine cards and the interconnect modules in the back is hardwired.

So best is to call HP for a systemboard replacement i guess.

HTH

Kris