BladeSystem - General
1748208 Members
2778 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with HP 3G SAS Blade Switch

Christian Herdegen

Problem with HP 3G SAS Blade Switch

i get errors on my Sas Switch (see below)

i configured a active passive Solution

i have the Firmware 2.0.46.0 installed (on both Switches)

i wondered, that i cant find this Firmware in the Download Menue, did i have a buggy Firmware and should restore to an Older Firmware?

here the Errors:

Code Description
432 HP 3G SAS Blade Switch in IC Bay 4 (Mismatch) redundancy state is Mismatch. Either firmware version mismatch between the switches detected or data (such as zone records, enclosure serial number or bay number) mismatch detected.

433 HP 3G SAS Blade Switch in IC Bay 4 (Mismatch) zoning information does not match with the neighboring switch. This could be caused mainly because of moving the switches around within the enclosure or from some other enclosure. Please either move the switches back to their original locations or use the Force VSM Active button under Maintenance tab to accept the movement and force this switch to become VSM Active and the partner switch to become VSM Passive.

432 HP 3G SAS Blade Switch in IC Bay 3 (Mismatch) redundancy state is Mismatch. Either firmware version mismatch between the switches detected or data (such as zone records, enclosure serial number or bay number) mismatch detected.

433 HP 3G SAS Blade Switch in IC Bay 3 (Mismatch) zoning information does not match with the neighboring switch. This could be caused mainly because of moving the switches around within the enclosure or from some other enclosure. Please either move the switches back to their original locations or use the Force VSM Active button under Maintenance tab to accept the movement and force this switch to become VSM Active and the partner switch to become VSM Passive.
5 REPLIES 5
Christian Herdegen

second Question what is.

Multi-initiator Mode:

here some Details from the Website:

Its enalbled... Dont know why?

Note: Changes made using this command will remain pending until you commit them by clicking the 'Save Changes' button.
Note: Warning: DO NOT enable multi-initiator mode unless it is explicitly called out in the documentation for the components used in your solution. This mode will cause most systems to experience undefined behavior if multi-initiator mode is not supported by all components in the solution.

Christian Herdegen

Did no one know anything about my Problem?
Christian Herdegen

really noone knows the SAS Switch?
David Orwig
Regular Advisor

I got issues too and there's not much info out there.....
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

So whats your problem David?

I won't claim to be a shark on this product.

But I have firmware upgraded a system, and zoned it, recently, with a MDS600.

Get everything upgraded to latest and greates, in the correct order. And ensure correct cabling.
Check the installation guide for the SAS switch.

Then it works well.

All the prblems that I met was all due to lack of knowledge.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo