New Discussion

Re: Problem with hp 1gb ethernet pass-thru module for c-class bladesystem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nedal_Abdouni
Occasional Advisor

Problem with hp 1gb ethernet pass-thru module for c-class bladesystem

Hi

This is my first post in this forum I hope I can find help thanks in advance for your help.

Ok, so we have a blade closure c3000 with a pass-thru module, the closure has 3 servers at Bay 1, 2, 3. and as shown on the web management that server at bay 1 is connected to ports 1,9 as server at bay 2 and 3 connected to ports 2,10 and 3,11 respectivly, the problem is that none of the leds of the pass-thru switch are on when a cable is inserted, and ofcourse no connection to any of the servers when they are on.

I have performed a firmware upgrade for everything in the closure, but the pass-thru switch I couldn't perform a firmware upgrade because as I understood it doesn't have an OS, and actually I'm stuck...

Any help would be great,

thank you much in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

What is on the other end of the cables?

Note that the 1Gbit pass-thru modules are gigabit-only: they won't accept 10/100Mbps speeds.

(You would not be the first one making this mistake.)

MK
Nedal_Abdouni
Occasional Advisor

I'll have to check it when I'm back at the company, I really appreciate your reply, on the other side is a switch that has to be I guess 1 Gb,

And sounds like a known mistake ^^

Thanks for your reply I'll be defnitly checking it first thing in the early morning

Nedal_Abdouni
Occasional Advisor

Thank you...:) that solved my issue..:)