New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problems on installing rocks cluster 6.1 on HP bl460c g6

SOLVED
Go to solution
Noel_Yang
Occasional Visitor

Problems on installing rocks cluster 6.1 on HP bl460c g6

Hi all,

I'm a new administrator of a bl460c g6 cluster and it has been running rocks 5.1 for several years. Recently some problems occurred with the frontend and I want to reinstall a rocks 6.1 on it. I made a restore roll and burned the jumbo dvd. However, when I try to install the rocks 6.1, there's 2 warnings during the configuration of ether1(public network): 
   1> **(loader :95): WARNNING **: Error in getting active connection 'Vpn' property: (19) Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist.
   2> **(loader "95): WARNING ** _nm_object_array_dermarshal: couldn't create the object for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/0

But still, I could enter the installation interface. Choosing all the rolls in jumbo dvd together with restore roll in another cd, the installer started downloading rolls. Then another problem occurred and terminated the installation: Syntax Error: no element found, line 1 column 0 - anaconda_rocks.py
   I tried several times and only got the same result. The jumbo dvd was tested on another machine and it works fine. Could some one tell me what was wrong? The server has two RAIDs, one is a 70G RAID 1-0 , mounted as / , the other is a 1.5T RAID 5, mounted as /export. The raid controllers are HP Smart Array P410i (RAID 1-0) and HP Smart Array P400(RAID 5). I doubt if it's caused by missing some drivers, but still not sure as there's no clue about this according to the error message.
   I tried to install CentOS and there's no error. Still, rocks couldn't be installed. 
   Many thanks!

Best Regards

Noel Yang

Division Of Life Science

Hong Kong University Of Science & Technology

The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
4 REPLIES 4
Noel_Yang
Occasional Visitor

I burned a stackIQ dvd and a CentOS 6.4 dvd, now trying to install the cluster again ( I used 'build mpath' as some one said this might make the installation successful).

Still waiting for the rolls being downloaded.

Noel_Yang
Occasional Visitor

failed again. but this time was stuck at the installing stage after the rolls downloaded. the error is:

A fatal error occurred when installing the coreutils package. This could indicate errors when reading the installation media.  Installation cannot continue.

does anyone get any idea?

Noel_Yang
Occasional Visitor
Solution

solved.

Just install with an external dvd drive.

Ducom

I am trying to install rocks cluster 6.1.1 on my frontend .

I am facing similar problems .How did u solve it ?

thanks in advance!