BladeSystem - General
1752735 Members
5569 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procurve 6120G/XG blade switches...cannot access web browser interface ..no telnet either.

SOLVED
Go to solution
SysEngGuy
Advisor

Procurve 6120G/XG blade switches...cannot access web browser interface ..no telnet either.

Hello again,

Now that I resolved my ohter issue with communication, these same three switches are not accessible via the web browser interface. As was suggested in my other post, I'm going to up the firmware on everything first thing tomorrow to see if that resolves everything (just have red tape to be past in order to do that) , so in the meantime I've verified web agent was enabled, I have the correct IP's set up (static), they are in the device listing in the OA (fyi i'm running the switches in a C7000 system) I setup Ip  authorized managers (two seperate ones- the OA and testing switch IP's) ...java works fine in the browser of the laptop i'm using (the other two bays 5 and 6 those Fiber switches show up no problem) it's only these three I've been working with the past days.

Also no telnet. in system config/ system info..everything is enabled..yes..etc. I also made sure web-management was enabled, ssl, created certificate...ran a show servers..."both" for oobm and data is selected, show config...everything is fine. lol If you guys have any suggestions that would be great. Again tomorrow i'll probably just upgrade the firmware.

Thanks again SEG!

10 REPLIES 10
SysEngGuy
Advisor

Re: Procurve 6120G/XG blade switches...cannot access web browser interface ..no telnet either.

ok I have the latest firmware and plan of attack in place. I'll keep you all posted on my resolution.

SysEngGuy
Advisor

Update. I was able to get bay 3 and 4 switches web management portion up. There were some pre configured settings that were turned off that I needed to enable/configure like web enable, web management ssl, authorization manager setup, crypto key and hostcert..etc. everything from the security guide for the 6120x/xg basically. ..then I went to the OA and they opened fine..also went via browser direct.

The bay 1 switch didn't want to comply, so I blew it away and reconfigured it...same deal. I then grabbed a spare switch and tried bay 1 again...same issue..no web manager at all (page cannot be displayed..no offer for certificate or anything) I took the original switch I had in bay 1 and placed it in the open bay 2..guess what...web manager worked with the exact same configurations....at least this is narrowed down now...I think something is wrong with bay 1 of the OA system.

Also the oobm workstation i'm using is terrible, so I'm unable to get the usb serial to work direct to the switch..I"m using com4, I installed the usb driver for the oobmws, 9600 tried 115200 in hyperterm and putty..nothing.

I then tried to run tftp32 server off the oobm workstation, so I can atleast update the firmware on the bay 2 switch...from menu I ran 7 download OS |  choose tftp | gave it the oobm ip and named the file but kept getting cannot connect error messege even though I enabled the client on the switch and had the tftp listening.

weird stuff. tomorrow i'm going to see about bay 1 possibly reseating it in the OA if that is possible.

SysEngGuy
Advisor

up on this. I'm  having all kinds of issues here. Serial oobm ws not uploading configs via serial(xmodem) protocol. Bay 1 still not allowing web manager for the switch to work. Bay 1 and 2 are not allowing usb mini port uploading for configs (but 3 and 4 are)...lol

I'll be a master troubleshooter of the c7000 when i'm done probably. I'll keep you guys posted on my resolution for all of this.

SysEngGuy
Advisor

Just an update. it seems some of the other engineers are having misc issues with their blade systems aswell. I've informed a senior guy here to come down and take a look also. We'll try to t-shoot and I'll post the outcome.

As for yesterday I went in and basically the switches were acting difficult....since this unit is not really a production unit. I wiped the switched out to default then did static setup....everything worked fine so I tried to upload a config (worked days prior) now they won't even take the config via usb or web manager upload. ...not to mention bay 1 for some odd reason still will not open the web manager for that switch. OA is 3.21. ...might be time to call HP on this one.

I'll keep you all posted.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I would update the switches to Z.14.29, the OA to 3.32 first.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3979969&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=3979968&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

Fixes:

Fixed an issue where the HP 6120G/XG Blade Switch cannot communicate via the OOBM port. Problem with both DHCP and static assigned IP addresses

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
SysEngGuy
Advisor

thanks Torsten for the intel. I just brought down the entire enclosure servers and switches...etc powered up with only the bay 1 switch in...did a recover then set up basic ip on it...refreshed topology on the OA and the web manager worked.

I'm going to try the serial upload now. If that doesn't work then that is valid reason for firmware upgrade imo (place I work is tied to uncle sam).

Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.
SysEngGuy
Advisor

Torsten,

I have to do the firmare upgrade to z.14.29 then downgrade after testing.

How are you uploading your firmware? TFTP to switch via usb?

I'm using TFTPd32 set up as server on oobm 192.168.0.2\24 with firmware on desktop. On 6120 i'm going to menu then | 7 Download OS| tftp | 192.168.0.2 as the server file name exactly as file is on desktop of oobm and Execute...getting no connection error..etc ??? going via usb to mini port also. oobm int enabled..etc command everything is enabled and open..etc
SysEngGuy
Advisor

I just tried to run the firmware upgrade to switch usb to mini using copy xmodem flash primary...no luck there..."Transfer cancelled by remote system" ???? weird.

The OA upgrade went through no problems via web manager.

SysEngGuy
Advisor
Solution

I ended up setting up a vlan from the switch to my oobm to pull over firmware. All good now..on to another issue. Have to replicate the issues now for a reasons why answer, so more testing testing testing.