BladeSystem - General
1753776 Members
7522 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Procurve 6120G/XG blade switches...cannot access web browser interface ..no telnet either.

SOLVED
Go to solution
SysEngGuy
Advisor

Re: Procurve 6120G/XG blade switches...cannot access web browser interface ..no telnet either.

I could not replicate the issues (thank goodness) so my initial prediction (that I kept to myself since I didn't want to blame) is true...somebody went john wayne and swapped out the hardware with everything online which explains why the OA was acting so weird and the switches were giving off insane reactions to simple input.

These switches were configured with ip's..etc and already in the OA. I think the person responsible may have done something wrong during their basic follow me chart and tried to pull a switch either from somewhere else and start over or just swapped from an already configured switch in the enclosure..either way it caused havoc. I believe the 1's and 0's with hardware/electricity came into effect (which explains why they couldn't just override by putting in another IP and thinking it would work, so a complete shutdown was neccessary.

I informed them if they happen to "mess up" during their cheat sheet setup....power down the interconnect bays (all of them) from the OA, pull the switches all out halfway so they won't power back on, refesh topology in OA (ebipa interconnect IP's should be: N/A, 0.0.0.0, or just plain empty) if it is not...make them empty (when you put the switches back in the bay will pull the info from the switch).so blow away the one you want to use and swap in the bay in question by putting it in, hit "0" to run a recover and then perform your setup...etc9(if you have configs and firmware this is a good time to get that squared away) **THIS IS ALL TO BE DONE IN THE BAY YOU NEED WORKING** the others should be off.

Once complete....push in all the bays...let them power up...check the OA..ebipa should be full...if not do a topology refresh...should be good now and all should be good.