cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about C3000 enclosure and BL460C blades on a DMZ

Thisbejoe7
Advisor

Question about C3000 enclosure and BL460C blades on a DMZ

I have a C3000 enclosure and severeal BL460C blades. I have the main ethernet link connected to our production network. We want to install a blade to run Citrix XenApp but need it dual homed to have one link on the production network and one on a DMZ link. How would I go about configuring another physical network link on the enclosure and map it to a specific VC port on a blade? I think I would go about this by using a VLAN for the DMZ, but the interface optiosn for the interconnect and and port mapping are somewhat confusing. Can anyone lend some input?
4 REPLIES
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Re: Question about C3000 enclosure and BL460C blades on a DMZ

Hi!
How many switches do you have in your C3000 enclosure?

regards,
Philipp.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Depends if you have a Ethernet pass-through devices or Ethernet Virtual connect switches.

If it's ethernet pass through and you don't have any additional NIC Mezz cards installed then it's just a matter of connecting the port on the pass through to a switch in the DMZ.
Search out the port mapping matrix in the c3000 docs.

For a VC switch it's similar but some of the configuration is done on the vc switch.

Thisbejoe7
Advisor

I have an open ticket with HP on this, they've sent me the specific documentation they say I need, but I don't see anything in the docs that show how to do a one to one port mapping. I see VLAN config, and a bunch of various layer configuration, but nothing about mapping a single ethernet switch port to a specific blade. I've read through about 6 PDFs that HP sent me, and still coming up empty. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Our switch is the GbE2c Layer 2/3 Ethernet Blade Switch, its a 4 port, blades have no mezzanine cards installed.
Thisbejoe7
Advisor

I think I figured it out. I was able to get VLAN working to segregate the two physical networks on the enclosure. But my problem is that I needed a single blade connected to both networks. I don't see any way to assign one VLAN to one of the virtual NICs on the server blade to production and the other virtual NIC to the DMZ network. When you setup the VLAN it applies to both virtual NICs on the server blade. So its an all or nothing kind of thing. Unless I'm missing something and someone can set the record straight. HP seems vague on this, they won't tell me much of anything and just keep sending me PDF documentation that doesn't answer my question.