Re: Reboot Onboard Administrator and Firmware Upgrade "online"

SOLVED
Go to solution
MarcMoennikes
Occasional Advisor

Reboot Onboard Administrator and Firmware Upgrade "online"

Hello,

2 questions:

can we reboot the onboard administrator module on our c7000 "online"? So blades are not affected by the reboot?

Can we upgrade the firmware online without interrupting the blades?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

Hello Marc,

Yes you can very easily upgrade the HP OA FW online using the CLI or the GUI or via the SPP (www.hp.com/go/SPP).
When you do the update from the CLI you can put the FW file in an http/ftp/tftp or even on a USB key that you put into the OA USB port.  Blade servers will maintain operating during the FW flash; server downlink ports (dataports) will not be affected in any way during the activation of the new OA Fw. You will only see that during activiation of the new OA fw when the OA is rebooted that possible iLO connections towards each blade will have to be re-initiated.

I hope this helps?
Cheers, Jeroen
OA support files: www.hp.com/support/oa
my OA fw repository: ftp://iss:tools4AL@ftp.usa.hp.com/OAfw 
make OA SHOW ALL: www.hp.com/go/OAlog

(I am an HPE employee)
aouadi
Regular Visitor
Solution

hello,

2 questions:

1-can we reboot the onboard administrator module on our c7000 "online"? So blades are not affected by the reboot?

yes, you can reboot the onboard administator on line and you can remove the onboard Administraor , it's a hotplug parts, there is no impact on the production of the blades, and you can switching the 2 OA , if you have two onboard installed.

2-Can we upgrade the firmware online without interrupting the blades?

yes you can upgrade the firmware of the onboard administrator on online mode , no impact on the production of blades.

i am an HP employee.
MarcMoennikes
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

thank you. This will help.

Regards