7055 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Rolling out HP Power Management Firmware to many clients

JL123
Frequent Advisor

Rolling out HP Power Management Firmware to many clients

Hi guys,

This weekend I'm updating the PSP, BIOS, iLO, Firmware and Raid Controller Firmware for all my Windows servers which consist mainly of 60c's G5's and DL380 G4's with both Windows and Linux. I've done testing with deploying the PSP 8.25, BIOS Firmware, iLO and the Raid Controller in bulk via SIM to a test group of 5 servers which works fine.

My only concern is that I would like to add the Power Management firmware to this as well, but I don't have it in my VCRM. I've looked and I can't find how to import this into my repository. Does anyone know how I can add the Power Management Firmware (both Windows and Linux) into the VCRM so I can roll it out in bulk and not have to jump on every server to install it? Or are there other ways to roll it out to many servers both Windows and Linux without having to log on the servers and install them manually?

Cheers,

Jon
3 REPLIES 3
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Jon,

Its showing in my repository but I think its one of those that you need to download manually into the repository first before it will update later versions.
Its also hard to find. You have to show all items in the repository in VCA before you can see it - and its quite a way down the list.
JL123
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Adrian.
I found it in the VCA right at the very bottom. But it does not show in SIM when I click on Install Software and Firmware so I can't push out to multiple servers.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi JL,

You can push it to your Windows hosts using the HP Smart Update Manager tool and this firmware package:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=3884098&swItem=MTX-c2112be3ce1c4b609340383823&prodNameId=3884099&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=3

Extract the package on your machine and run setup.exe. From here you can choose to manage remote hosts and add all of your servers to the list by DNS hostname or IP. You can then select which update(s) to push.

Good luck!