New Discussion юеВ

SB40c always hangs or redlight

SOLVED
Go to solution
pradeepjoy_1
Advisor

SB40c always hangs or redlight

Dear all

Having a problem with Sb40c, it shows red light after working for some time , and the machine get disconnected...changed the board of sb40c , still the problem..is there any issue like this
6 REPLIES 6
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: SB40c always hangs or redlight

An HP StorageWorks SB40c storage blade may unexpectedly drop offline and become disconnected from the partner server blade. This can occur while running under a normal workload and is independent of the operating system running on the partner blade.

Solution:
Telnet to OA as Administrator using a computer that is external to the enclosure.
Type the following command at the Telnet prompt:
UPDATE DEVICE BLADE ALL
Type YES when prompted to execute the command, then wait for the command to complete. This will require approximately 30 seconds for each SB40c.
Type RESTART OA to restart OA.

Go through the link for more information:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01107420тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3236380&prodTypeId=329290
pradeepjoy_1
Advisor

hi reghu

Thnks i will try this and let you know

thnk you very much
pradeepjoy_1
Advisor

will this command reboot all servers or diconnect from operations?
pradeepjoy_1
Advisor

hi

sorryy.. i read that article..its says this solution is for OA firmware 1.30, i have the OA version 2.02

please advice
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Let's start with normal "update ILO fw to latest" and "update OA fw to latest" procedure.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

will this command reboot all servers or diconnect from operations?
No It will not reboot the servers. It will call the IO operationof the SB40c Only to Stop.

sorryy.. i read that article..its says this solution is for OA firmware 1.30, i have the OA version 2.02.

OA 1.30 means OA 1.30 or Later. It should be Supported in the latest version 2.25 also.
In your case with 2.02 version. You can execute the Command. Check it fixes it or not.

UPDATE DEVICE BLADE ALL Updaets only Storage Bladws not the Regular Proliant Blades.