BladeSystem - General
1752795 Members
6477 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM C7000 discovery not working thru enclosure link

Roger Persson

SIM C7000 discovery not working thru enclosure link

I have two c7000 that are connected thru a enclosure link. the OA for BC1 has an ip of 10.64.0.1 and BC2 10.64.0.3. After adding the enclosure link i manage both c7000 using ip 10.64.0.1 which works fine. 10.64.0.3 is not active since its managed thru BC1. When i do a discovery in HP SIM on 10.64.0.1 it finds BC1 and everything in it, it also finds BC2 but only recognize it by serialnumber, not name. It does not find any of the components in BC2. I cant do a discovery on the OA in BC2 since its not active. How do i discover the components in BC2?
6 REPLIES 6
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

10.64.0.3 is active as it is the active OA for BC2 .... and so needs a real physical connection to the network that SIM is connected to.
I do not believe you can discover a 2nd blade enclosure thru an enclosure link.
Roger Persson

Its not active, it does not respond to http or ping requests. All OA's are connected to the network, but only the active one in my "stack" replies to requests.If i disconnect my enclosure link it starts responding again.
Roger Persson

Maybe i misunderstood your reply, it is true that it is active in the sense that it manages bladecenter 2. But its network interface is not responding to any requests and therefore i cannot use it for discovery.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Each enclosure's OA needs to have a real connection to your network; the enclosure link is not a substitute for that. It is unclear from your responses whether both enclosures are uplinked to a network switch.

Please also note that the term is BladeSystem.
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Roger,

as David explained, you have to connect the OA/iLO RJ45 connector in the second enclosure also to the network. You should be able to ping the 10.64.0.3 also.

The OA uplink is a separate cable between enclosures and does not replace the OA/Ilo network link.

HTH

Kris

Roger Persson

Thanks for your replys.

All OA's are physically connected to the network and are working. When i connect the enclosure link the active OA in BLADESYSTEM 2 stops responding. When i disconnect the enclosure link it starts responding again.