1752703 Members
5638 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

SPP

mo ali_1
Occasional Contributor

SPP

Hi i have c7000 blade enclosure with Proliant Blade 460c g7 with esxi installed, i have tried to update the firmware for the entire enclosure using SPP(bundle version 2013.02.0), the OA was updated successfully but it reports that i need a ilo3 firmware update on the blade when i do the update i get the following error. i tried to do this updates using my pc and also tried coping the iso image to a usb and inserting it on the OA both methods did not work, also general question i have is how do you do updates for servers running esxi

Component File Name: 6.bin
Component Name: Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out 3
Version: 1.55
Installation Result: Update returned an error

Installation Finished

Installed Components:
Component Name: Online ROM Flash Component for Windows - HP Integrated Lights-Out 3
Original Version: 1.26
New Version: 1.55
Installation Result: Update returned an error

6 REPLIES 6
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: SPP

Download the iLO firmware from the following link to the server and extract it to a folder on the server. Then login to server’s iLO. Click Administration and click firmware and in the update section click on browse butt0nm to locate ‘.bin’ file from the extracted folder and then install the firmware:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=4194735&prodNameId=4194638&swEnvOID=4064&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-bb2594ec1e8043db8e9195c5e3

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Sounds a bit strange. Maybe the ISO is damaged? Did you compare the md5 checksum?

However, why not downloading the ILO firmware from web und update seperately?

md5.png

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

You can't do a remote update of the iLO to 1.55 from 1.26 (or from 1.28, the version I am at).

Your options are:

1) Run the update from the server

2) Boot the server with  2013.02 ISO image

3) Extract the BIN file and update each iLO individually

zchris
Advisor

Here's the link to the HP iLO

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/iloadv3/index.html

Just follow the link to iLO 3 then download the previous version of iLO 3. If you need to go back further then just a search on HP's site for ex. "ilo 3 1.28"

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I think this applies here:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.prp_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03691604-1%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.tpst=ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01&ac.admitted=1366869885590.8...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
zchris
Advisor

I think his best bet might be to update through the iLO console since even using SUM remotely may fail due to iLO CLI issues.