1747980 Members
3848 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Servers communication via VC

Marek URBAN

Servers communication via VC

Helo all.
I have changed Blade Cisco Catalyst 3020 switches in c7000 to HP 1/10GbVirtual Connect Ethernet modules, connected to the Cisco Catalyst 6500 core switch via X1 10GBASE-CX4 ports. C6500 has configured these ports as trunk ports. In c7000 is 12 Blade servers witch Windows Server 2003 OS and VMware ESX 3.5 servers. 9 servers (3x ESX and 6 Windows 2003) has set 802.1Q tagging and are working properly.
But 3x Windows Server 2003 has communication problem, but I not able to find a problem
1. I have no TCP/IP connectivity from/to these servers, they are able to communicate to each other only
2. Network admin has founded that packets from these servers aren't tagged by VLAN ID.
3. I tried to connect VC 1GB uplinks and define other Ethernet Network for problematic servers, where packets are tagged by C6500 core switch (not in OS by HP NCU) and in this configuration, some TCP/IP trafic is working from time to time but no permanently
4. I have updated all drivers and ROMs to the latest version, I have tried older driver versions, to use servers in other Bay slots in c7000 but problem still same in all cases.

Do you have any ideas what can be a problem?
2 REPLIES 2
Marek URBAN

Re: Servers communication via VC

I have solved this problem following way:
- I compared problematic servers with working one.
- Working server has PSP 8.11
- I made downgrade NIC drivers and NCU to version from PSP 8.11

...and network on servers is working.

I tried update NIC drivers and NCU again to PSP 8.25 versions and network stopped working again.
So now, I have installed PSP 8.25 but only network drivers and NCU downgraded (NIc driver v4.4.23.0 a NCU v9.30.0.0)

All servers are BL460c G1 and BL680c G5 servers.
Marek URBAN

Re: Servers communication via VC

Closed