HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
BladeSystem - General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacking 4 C7000 in one Cabinet

wbmd
Occasional Contributor

Stacking 4 C7000 in one Cabinet

Hi,

I am looking for a bit of guidance / feedback on stacking 4 C7k in one cabinet. Interested in understanding pros/ cons. As well we are looking to use copper passthru modules (2 per enclosure), which is making CM a bit of a challange. Power is being delivered via (2) 208/60A 3ph circuits from below the raised floor. the Cabinet is a standard 42RU. I figure that the PDUs (HP 3PH 48A NA) should be installed in the back of the Cab, vertically in the side channel. I have looked for reference docs but have had no luck.

Thanks
3 REPLIES
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: Stacking 4 C7000 in one Cabinet

Just gone to 3 in a cab and lifting the third one in was fun! Damn heavy but you can remove the backplane which makes it easier.

PDU's were a pain as we couldn't get the sides off the cab so stuck them in 1u style. if you have access, you can stick them in the sides.

Out of interest, why go copper passthru? Budget?
wbmd
Occasional Contributor

Pass thru was a selected based on concerns with using 3020's in interconnect bays 01, 02 vs the usage of blades. When you mentioned 1ru style, your PDU are installed left to right? We leverage the following type of pdu (http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/power-protection/power-distribution/powermonitoring/index.html)
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

ah, sorry different PDU's we got the modular PDU ones you can hide in the side of the cabs or actually in the rack (like a 1 u server).