New Discussion юеВ

System Management Homepage and ILO

SOLVED
Go to solution
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

System Management Homepage and ILO

Hi I would like to ask some question.

-First of all I have intalled PSP on a BL20p G2 Server. But the system management homepage is not showing all the information e.g. Memory Status, processor information and all other details that are displayed in the center of system management homepage. So my question is can we see such information on a blade server or its only available on other ProLiant series. For detaisl kindly see through the attached image.

-Second thing that I would like to know is that what are different methods available to configure ILO. What i know it can be configured by pressing F8 when system boots secondly from the System management homepage ILO menue. But my blade server system management homepage is not displaying any ILO option.

-My last question is can we configure ILO through SIM if so. do we need any downtime for the installation of HP SIM ,or we can install it on the running system. will the changes take effect without restarting.

Please help me i will be higly obliged.
3 REPLIES 3
Rancher
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: System Management Homepage and ILO

This information is also available on the homepage for blade servers. From your screen shot, it looks like all of the agents are installed. Make sure SNMP is set up correctly. YOu also might make sure all of the HP agent services are running.

iLO can be configured through the web interface. Each one has a default DNS name and password. If you configure iLO this way, there is no downtime for the server.
Khurram Shahzad
Regular Advisor

Kindly answer my third point do we need a downtime for the installation of HP SIM. e.g. whether restart is required.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

If you are installing the Homepage, agents, and the version control agent for HP SIMS on your servers, it will require a reboot.