1753753 Members
5515 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unknown Blades

bazmac_1

Unknown Blades

we currently have 15 blades in our c class and 7 blade are now unknown. Has anyone seen this before? I have tried power down and blade and now it doesn't power back on. it's slot 1 -7.
12 REPLIES 12
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

bazmac_1

It's already running 1.3. Looks like a backplane problem.

Thanks for the help.
William E Howard
Regular Advisor

bazmac:

I've seen that before, but usually during initial installs. I ended up having to move slots for the blade to basically "reset" the OA's settings. Once that was done, was able to move it back and it redetected it just fine.
bazmac_1

It's now fixed. We had to remove the blades and move them into another enclosure and power cycle the enclosure. Everything is now good.

Thanks for your help.
Van den Broeck Tijl
Valued Contributor

Same issue here. A week after upgrading to 1.3 firmware suddenly 3 blades became unknown. Pulling out and replugging the Admin board didn't do anything and we can't exactly afford "moving" blades around to reset the thing, neither resetting the entire enclosure. 1.2 downgrade didn't make the blades visible again. Any other possibilities?
Magnus Bernhardson
Occasional Advisor

Let me guess, firmware update of the blades is out of the question?
Van den Broeck Tijl
Valued Contributor

All firmwares are the most recent ones I could find for bl460c's:
BIOS - 2006.12.26
ILO - 1.26
OA - 1.30
Justin Hippen
Occasional Advisor

We are having the same problem. I just updated the firmware on our 2 c-Class enclosures from 1.20 to 1.30 and now 5 of our 10 blades are showing up as unknown and the fans have kicked up to 89%.
Sylvain Gelinas

Same problem here, OA firmware 1.30 cause me some troubles with blade status.