New Discussion юеВ

Unusual Behaviour - BL460c

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrew Young_2
Honored Contributor

Unusual Behaviour - BL460c

Hi All

We have a BL460c with 8GB ECC RAM installed running RH ES4. All patches for the OS are current to 2 weeks ago. All HP firmware patches are current to the same period. HP SIM and ISEE are installed on this server.

The HP Onboard Administrator correctly identifies RAM onboard as 8192 Mb, while ISEE reports only 7973, however I suspect that may be because that ISEE is reporting whats available to the OS. Just over a week ago we got an alarm light on the front panel of the server, but nothing in any of the SIM or ISEE logs. Today I got an official warning on the ECC RAM from the Integrated Management Log indicating a Corrected Memory threshold had been reached. I am assuming these two incidents are related. However ISEE did not log an incident for this.

My questions are:

What would trigger an ISEE alert? Total DIMM failure?

Why does the BL460c trigger an alarm light and not a log entry for memory parity errors?

I hope someone can assist with this.

Regards

Andrew Y
Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes
4 REPLIES 4
bryanVF
Advisor
Solution

Re: Unusual Behaviour - BL460c

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hi Andrew,

> What would trigger an ISEE alert? Total DIMM failure?...

>Why does the BL460c trigger an alarm light and not a log entry for memory parity errors?
Are you referring to the IML logs ?

Regards,
Andrew Young_2
Honored Contributor

Hi.

Correct about the log files.

We had updated the firmware and it solved that and other problems relating to memory and cooling. I should have updated this post.

Thanks.

Andrew Y
Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes
bryanVF
Advisor

I├В┬┤m glad to hear that!!!! ;)