1752577 Members
3795 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Updating VirtualConnect firmware 1.31 stuck at 1%

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Updating VirtualConnect firmware 1.31 stuck at 1%

I am updating the firmware on VirtualConnect to version 1.31. The Ethernet modules upgrade OK to 1.31. I activate the standby - OK. I try to activate the primary, and it tells me I need to update the SAN modules first. I try to update one, and it flashed for a bit, and then I see the update button again. I click the update button a second time, and now it has been stuck at 1% for over an hour. To see if the second module acts the same way, I repeat the same steps on it. It does the same thing - I click the update button, it gives me a progress screen for a short while, and then I see and update button again. I let it sit for a few minutes to see if the update button eventually goes a way, but it never does. I click the update button a second time, and now both SAN modules are stuck at 1%.

Is this normal for them to take this long, or to show the update button twice? Should I have not activated the first ethernet module until after all four modules were updated?

Thanks
Nelson
1 REPLY 1
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Re: Updating VirtualConnect firmware 1.31 stuck at 1%

I ended up shutting off each VC SAN module and powering them back up. This was risky, but I did not know what else to do. After I did this, they were both fully updated...so I guess I got lucky. I would not recommend others doing this as it could corrupt the firmware.

Nelson