7388 Online
108800 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade of iLO2

Rene Falkenberg
Occasional Advisor

Upgrade of iLO2

Hi,

I have a C-Class system. I upgraded the Firemware for the encl. to version 2.02. It seemed that i missed one blade when upgrading the iLO's to version 1.35 and know i cannot contact it.

The server is a spare but how can i upgrade the iLO on it ?

Kind Regards
Rene
6 REPLIES 6
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Can you ping to the iLO2 of the server?

If yes .. Try to login to iLO2 and select Administration TAB and update the New firmware image.

or

Can you see the server in OA. What is it shown as .. Click iLO2 link on OA and select Administration TAB and update the New firmware image.

Regards,
Raghuarch
Rene Falkenberg
Occasional Advisor

When i connect to it directly it asks for my password. But this is not the same password as i provide when using OA. Is there some kind of default password ?
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

If you are able to reboot the system, access iLO2 with F8 during POST.

This will allow access to RBSU, and there you can set the password as desired. Note: you cannot extract the current password.
you can reset iLO to defaults, and the password will be set according to the hood label.

If you are unable to reboot the system, it can be reset from the host OS using HPONCFG.

use the online host-based scripting utility, HPONCFG, and a "set password" script from within the OS on the host to set the desired password or to create a user account with known credentials.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00294268/c00294268.pdf
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

You can also pull the blade from its slot. You should find the default iLO username (always Administrator) and password labeled on the blade itself.

Although not highly recommended, you do have the option to roll back the firmware for the Onboard Administrator. I would recommend pulling one of the OAs before you do this and downgrading firmware on the remaining OA. That way if everything goes haywire you will always have another OA to resort to. Version 1.30 for OA is available here: http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26679.html

Once downgraded, visit the last blade's iLO and upgrade it's firmware, then return to the OA and place it back on the newest firmware. Replace the pulled OA and you should be all set.

Good luck!
Rene Falkenberg
Occasional Advisor

Thanks guys for the input. WFH-WI you directed me in the right direction, i removed the blade but there was no password on it.

Instead there was a label that shows i could disable ILO2 security by changing a dip switch on the motherboard.

Thanks for the help..
Rene Falkenberg
Occasional Advisor

Just disable the ILO2 security on the blade motherboard.