1753561 Members
6296 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VC-Enet configuration

Jacky Wing
Regular Advisor

VC-Enet configuration

what is the best way of configuring a VC-Enet?
I have a C7000 enclosure with 2 VC-Enet modules, the servers installed should be connected to two different networks each with different subnet, ..
I configured the VC domain and setup one network with 7 uplinks from each module to the first external switch and 1 uplink from each module to the second external switch.
Now i see that there is only 1 Gb link active and the others are standby, so i have 13 links as standby for one that is active.
4 REPLIES 4
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Re: VC-Enet configuration

Are you using half height or full height blades?

Half height blades have 2 integrated NICs. Port 1 maps to IC bay 1, and Port 2 maps to IC bay 2.

Have you created and assigned a profile to the blade. The profile is where you define which port talks via each network.

If you are going to use multiple vLans, you should consider creating Shared_Uplink_Sets.

Dave.
Jacky Wing
Regular Advisor

Hello,

Configured uplink ports, configured networks, configured server profiles. but the servers are not being able to be pinged from outside or to ping outside network. should we create a trunk to the external switch so that it will carry Vlan info?
the protocol should be LACP for aggregation?
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Jacky,

There is a best practices presentation but its too big for the forums to upload...anyway

Go and download from HP the following docs.

HP Virtual Connect: Common Myths, Misperceptions, and Objections
HP Virtual Connect Ethernet Networking Scenario Cookbook: Single Domain Scenarios (Look at 4,6 & 10)
HP Virtual Connect for the Cisco Network Administrator

Check to see if you need to add a Native VLAN.
Check if you need mapping ... see Myth #9

And you cant have a LACP port trunk accross different Cisco switches unless they are in a Cisco VSS stack.
Jacky Wing
Regular Advisor

I will search for that thank you,
and fortunately i don't need any aggregation across different cisco switches so doesn't apply to me.
I will check those books and get back if i need any thing