1753490 Members
5036 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VC Profile - BOOT_CONFIG_FAILED

The Brit
Honored Contributor

VC Profile - BOOT_CONFIG_FAILED

I have noticed a couple of times in the past month, that I would find a Profile with a turquoise "WARNING" symbol against it and the message, "boot config failed".

At the time that this occurs, the blade is normally up. If I shut the blade down, the act of reloading the profile removes the warning.

Can anyone throw light on the cause of this.

At the time that the problem appears, the system is up and running, so the boot config seems to be irrelevent, and shutting down and rebooting removes the warning. I'm not sure if I should get concerned about this.

Dave.
4 REPLIES 4
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Are You booting from SAN ?
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Hi Jarkko

yes! We are booting from the SAN. OpenVMS version 8.3-1H1, on a bl860c, Itanium blade.

Enclosure is a c7000, OA F/W is at 2.32, and VCM F/W is at 2.01.

Dave
KJNO
Occasional Advisor

Hi Dave,

I have noticed that you have some questions about planing and installing OpenVMS on Blade system 860 and it look that that you have som nice answers.

I´m in the start to plan for some installations and wonder if you have any nice tips and information that you can share whit me. we will run in cluster and wonder if it something to think about when setting up the 4 NIC´s

Hope this question is ok.
You have my mail in my profile.

Thank´s and Regard,
Kjell
The Brit
Honored Contributor

I managed to get rid of the "Boot_Config_failed" error messages. The culprit seems to be old SAN disks which are still presented to the virtual WWIDs, even though they no longer exist on the EVA. Had the Storage manager remove all unused presentations to those wwids, and errors stopped appearing.