108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VC-enet modules will not "take" IP addresses

SOLVED
Go to solution
thom_14
Regular Advisor

VC-enet modules will not "take" IP addresses

I have a C7k with two VC-Enet modules, and I can't get IP addresses assigned to them. They won't pick one up via DHCP (DHCP is working and other devices are picking up addresses) nor will they take an EBIPA address. I've tried moving them to different slots in the C7k to "reset" them, to no avail.

I started down this rabbit hole when I got the dreaded "Error Active Virtual Connect Manager Not at this IP Address" when trying to connect to VCM. One of the modules had an IP, the other didn't. I tried the instructions at http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01051495 and now both modules are IP-less.

One of the modules is @ f/w 3.10; I updated the f/w in the other one (before I lost the IP) to 3.15 OA f/w is @ 3.21 I even tried resetting the OA to no avail.

Help!
4 REPLIES 4
Bhavin-Desai
Advisor
Solution

Re: VC-enet modules will not "take" IP addresses

Try reseating the OA tray assembly (OA Sleeve) and ensure that it is deeply fixed inside.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

This is a C7000; it does not have a tray assembly like the C3000.
thom_14
Regular Advisor

Well, I had to call support (luckily I had a little bit of warranty left)

I handily stumped the first two levels of support. The workaround (I hesitate to call it a 'fix') was to remove both VC-Enet modules, and then remove the OA module(s), then re-install the OA, wait until it's all booted and settled in, and then install the VC-Enet modules. A bit disruptive, to say the least. Also, she had me clear the DNS server info from the EBIPA setup - she said there's been problems with that.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

See the Customer Advisory at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02720395 regarding DNS. Firmware version 3.17 out now corrects this.