1753767 Members
5356 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VC fw 1.21 & directory settings

Dave..B
Advisor

VC fw 1.21 & directory settings

I've recently applied the Virtual Connect firmware v 1.21 to all VC modules in one of my enclosures and am having some issues.

1. I can not change any directory settings when logged in as a directory user. If I want to change anything (add/delete certs or dir groups or settings) I have to log in as a local user. I can perform other tasks (profiles, ethernet networks, etc.) Is this by design?
2. I can not delete domain groups if I entered them as "domain\groupname" (without the quotes). We have users from multiple domains who need access, so I set it up this way, but maybe I should not have.
3. I am only able to login as "domain\username" or "username" and can not login as "username@domain.com" I have "USE NT account name mapping" checked, shouldn't I be able to log in using either format?

I believe I'm set up correctly. I used the same certificates and settings as the OA's but don't have any of these issues with the OA's. Thanks for your help!
1 REPLY 1
Dave..B
Advisor

Re: VC fw 1.21 & directory settings

Ok, I found the answer to my first question (helps when you RTFM). But I'm still having a couple issues.
1. I can not delete domain groups if I entered them as "domain\groupname" (without the quotes). We have users from multiple domains who need access, so I set it up this way, but maybe I should not have as it doesn't work anyway.
2. I can't figure out how to grant access to users in different domains. I'm also having this issue with the OAs. For example. the OA authenticates against DOMAIN1, all the user accounts in DOMAIN1 can access the OA just fine. I created a domain local group in DOMAIN1, added users from DOMAIN2 into that group and gave that full rights to the OA. Again the users in DOMAIN1 can login just fine, but the users in DOMAIN2 can not. Any ideas out there?
Thanks