cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCM F/W - Local File Upload very slow.

The Brit
Honored Contributor

VCM F/W - Local File Upload very slow.

I am trying to perform a firmware upgrade to VCM Version 2.10. I am using the Firmware Management gui and uploading from a local file.
I know it can be slow uploading, however this file has been uploading for 50 minutes so far.

It is only a 100Mb link, and it is a 75MB file, however this still seems extremely slow.

Has anyone had any experience with this upgrade? Is this to be expected?

I am probably going to give it another 10 minutes and then bust out if it has not moved forward.

Dave.
3 REPLIES
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Re: VCM F/W - Local File Upload very slow.

We've upgraded multiple enclosures to 2.10 (from 2.01) and although it definitely takes a while to upload this binary, 50 minutes is beyond long.

have you tried to upload via the Virtual Connect CLI or the Virtual Connect Support Utility?
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Yeah, thats what I figured.

I was trying to use the vcfwall210.bin, which includes support for 4G & 8G FC (even though I dont have any 8G as yet).

I tried to upgrade through VCSU (1.4) using the same file. It got to 84% fairly quickly (~10 mins) but then it stuck there for the next 15, until I blew it off.

I decided at that point that it might be a problem with my copy of the image, so I deleted it and went to download another copy, however I noticed that there was a second image file (vcfwe1f210.bin) which was also 2.10 but didn't include the 8G stuff, so I downloaded that.

That one installed without a problem. The upload step took about 10 mins, and the upgrade took ~25 mins (using Firmware Management GUI).

So all is good, but thanks anyway for your response. I guess you have to have 8G FC in order to use the image which includes that stuff.

Dave.
The Brit
Honored Contributor

See above.