BladeSystem - General
1753331 Members
5216 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VCM Profile Error - Anyone know what it means.

The Brit
Honored Contributor

VCM Profile Error - Anyone know what it means.

[SVR:3:5021:Warning] Server state BOOT_CONFIG_FAILED : Boot config failed
[PRO:GLC-CITIUS-DR:6019:Warning] Profile state BOOT_CONFIG_FAILED : Boot config failed
[VCD:USE832E45D_vc_domain:1023:Major] Domain state PROFILE_FAILED : 1+ profiles are not Ok, Degraded, Unknown

This state normally appears (if it appears) sometime after the server has booted. The server boots OK, all connectivity is OK. The Server operation does not seem to be affected in any way.

The only thing which is not OK is that these messages appear in the system log intermittently.

They are not restricted to any particular profile, and in most cases, they will be followed (within a few minutes, hours, or days, without any physical or manual intervention) by;

[SVR:1:5010:Info] Server state OK : Component fully operational
[PRO:GLC-BUD:6010:Info] Profile state OK : Component fully operational
[VCD:USE832E45D_vc_domain:1024:Minor] Domain state DEGRADED : Component partially operational, but capacity lost
[ENC:GLC-BS1:2010:Info] Enclosure state OK : Component fully operational

While the profile is in the "boot config failed" state, I am not able to determine any problem with either the profile, or the server using the profile. However, the Profile now has a "turquoise !" attached and the domain is tagged as "degraded".

I would really like to know and understand what this message means.

Dave
2 REPLIES 2
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

Re: VCM Profile Error - Anyone know what it means.

Do you have any Boot from SAN parameters specified in the Server Profiles? Or are you forcing enable/disable of PXE on the NICs in the server Profile.

It could be that VC is trying to set these parameters in the BIOS of the server and failing for some reason....

try setting the PXE setting for the NIC in VC to "Use BIOS" and see if it makes a difference...
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Re: VCM Profile Error - Anyone know what it means.

Sorry, I omitted some fairly crucial information.

The blades are BL860c, Itanium blades. The OS is OpenVMS.

To answer your question,

Yes, we do have Boot Parameters set. We define options Primary and Secondary as

Dave