New Discussion юеВ

Re: VPN error in Blade c-3000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tavrez_1
Occasional Advisor

VPN error in Blade c-3000

Hi All,

Has anyone had problems with VPN on c-3000 Blade Server on bl460. Im using ISA 2006 on BL460 and receive error 718 after verfying username and password fr4om external. If i uninstall ISA 2006 it works all ok.But i have installed on a PC with third party nic it works well and i think my isa configuration is ok. I was also trying to build ISA on DX7800 PC which also had the same error 718 and i installed the third party NIC realtek that error disappeared from that PC for testing purpose. I tried to update blade server nic but same problem exist. Can anyone assist if im missing something out in c-3000.Will appreciate for your time.
4 REPLIES 4
pkolomanski
Occasional Advisor

Hmm, I don't think It's a hardware problem... maybe something is wrong with Your blade switch config? Have you set VLAN's for downlink and uplink ports?
Do you connect nic's to the same switch port? Maybe something is wrong with your IP addressing?
Tavrez_1
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for the reply. I havnt created any Vlan. How i create the Vlan for Uplink & Downlink port. Yes that might solve my problems. Do i need to add the internal isa second nic to vlan of the external port in the gbe2 switch.
pkolomanski
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Before you start configuring, make sure you understood port mapping to device bay inteconnects:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01167165/c01167165.pdf
Page 19

Below you have guide how to configure switch:
http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/316682-0-0-0-121.html
Choose your interconnect device and read user guide.

Remember: You must add downlink and uplink switches to the same VLAN and set VLAN with the same ID on switch you connect blade switches to. If you didn't configure any VLANS at all, easiest solution is to leave VLAN config at it's default. Just be sure you connect to proper interconnect device.

Other possible solution: do your users are using local usernames (set in ISA) or Active Directory?
Tavrez_1
Occasional Advisor

I wasnt able to log into my gbe2 switch got the vpn working. I created local user account on the ISA and it worked perfect. Its the authentication issue when tryin gto verify user name pass on the DC. Im glad that you were of lot of assistance. Thank you for your time and help.