BladeSystem - General
1752786 Members
5943 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Virtual Connect Domain IP address

Albert Sheynkman

Virtual Connect Domain IP address

I am having a situation, that after a period of time, virtual connect domain ip address (the one that is suppose to fail over) stop responding. I can still access virtual connect manager by going directly to active VC module, but not through domain IP. Any ideas?

thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
eGeek

I am having the same issue on a c3000.

I can try and connect the VC Enet cards, but when they attempt a redirect to the VC Domain Management IP address it still fails to load. Stranger still, i could access when i had all the blades down for maintenance the other day, but after bringing them back up i could no longer access the console.
BrianDoyle
Trusted Contributor

Check firmware levels

I was having intermittent VC problems until I upgraded to the latest releases (v2.10/1.32 with OA v2.51).

If upgrading, remember to do the iLO's first.
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

I would definitely take a look at VC FW and try to go to latest.

When you try accessing it, is it from the same subnet? If it is, look at the ARP cache and see what MAC addreess that IP is pointing to. Then try clearing the ARP cache from the box you are trying to connect from and retry.

If you are accessing from a remote subnet, look at the ARP cache of the local router. Then try clearing the ARP cache of that router and try again.

That's not a fix but it may at least help you figure out what's going on. Maybe VC Manager is failing over and the MAC Address to IP Addresss association is changing but the ARP cache is not getting updated? I don't know, just a thought.
eGeek

Thanks.

I tried clearing my arp cache. I am on the same network as the console. But i discovered something. The address does not resololve at layer 2. The arp cache says the mac address (for the ip address of the console) is invalid 00-00-00-00-00-00.

My VC Manager version is 2.01. The first VC-Enet card tries to redirect to the VC Domain manager, the second VC-Enet card does not load, and does not successfully redirect to the VC Domain Manager. It just has the stripe/progress bar with "Loading, please wait...." under it. The page reloads every minute or so, but does not complete the redirect.