1753470 Members
5362 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Virtual Connect: Not configured for Virtual Connect

Jae  Ellers
Occasional Advisor

Virtual Connect: Not configured for Virtual Connect

I have a C7000 chassis recenly updated with the latest OA 2.12 with VC 1.21. Many of the systems show the above message under the information pane. In the Virtual Connect Configured line it shows "Not configured for Virtual Connect". However each system has a profile assigned and the servers are functioning correctly. The servers are BL460c & BL465c at the latest firmware.

Anyone else seen this or have a fix?
http://blog.mr-vm.com
8 REPLIES 8
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Did you try to reset the OA? Check does it solve the issue.
it may be a sync issue since you mention that servers are functioning correctly.
Jae  Ellers
Occasional Advisor

OA reset does not solve the issue
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

in VC Does it say enclosure imported?
Jae  Ellers
Occasional Advisor

Where is this status?
Under Hardware Overview I see the enclosure and all of the status symbols are green checks w/ OK beside them.
Scott DeHaven
Occasional Advisor

I currently have the same issue and we have several c7000 enclosures running without issues. However, We just loaded OA 2.12 and VC 1.21 on this new enclosure.

When I logon to the Virtual connect manager it has a critical error that says "the domain is incapable managing its contained VC components." There is a device named Unknown with a severity Failed and device type of enclosure. All the other statuses are Unknown.

When I connect via SSH and issue a show status command it says every module status is Unknown and "The OA reported an Unknown module state or Virtual Connect has lost communication to the OA".

I thought my stacking links were the problem so I removed those, that didn't help. I have reset the OA and Virtual Connect too.

I called HP and opened a ticket. When they call me back I will post a reply here if we haven't figured it out first.

Scott
Scott DeHaven
Occasional Advisor

So, I opened a critical ticket over 24 hours ago and I am still waiting for a call back... I have called back on the ticket several times only to be put on hold for several hours each time.

Therefore, I had to take drastic measures; I powered down all the blades and then deleted the Virtual Connect domain. This removed all the Virtual connect configuration and put it back in the default state. I then reconfigured Virtual Connect, imported the enclousre, etc, and all is working again.

Luckily, this was a new install otherwise this would have been highly disruptive.

I would be interested to hear if someone else fixes this without having to reconfigure.

Scott
rob brierley
Advisor

Hi Jae

I too have had the same problem with the Virtual Connect showing "Not configured for Virtual Connect". Here's what I did to get round the issue.

Having checked all the configuration to be correct, I tried resetting the Virtual Connect Module (be warned all servers will loose connectivity). Once the module came back up, next to all devices was a warning saying comething like 'Server Profile Pending'.

At this point none of the servers had any connectivity. I shut down the servers one by one and then turned them back on again and hey presto, problem solved, profile applied...

Not sure why this has happened and an explanation be good, all I can think is that an earlier change to server profiles has not applied correctly and caused some sort of corrution or other.

Hope this helps
Brian Wildman
Advisor

The Prfile pending issue is fixed in 2.13 OA firmware. This is taken from the download page for 2.13

Fixed an issue where the Onboard Administrator could clear the Virtual Connect parameters from one or more servers following the sequence of events described below. This issue caused a "Profile Pending" condition, detected and reported by Virtual Connect Manager, that required affected servers to be powered off to clear the problem.

The Onboard Administrator is rebooted, power-cycled, or failed over followed by any of these events:

The Virtual Connect Manager (executing on a Virtual Connect Ethernet module in I/O bay 1 or 2) failed over
The Virtual Connect Manager changed IP addresses (due to a change in network connection, DHCP server, or Enclosure Bay IP Addressing setting)
The Virtual Connect Manager was used to change the Virtual Connect Domain Name value

Please update to 2.13 OA FW found here: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_efec2f7f471345a3a9d1819dcb

[Moderator edit: Updated the link]