108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Virtual Connect firmware cannot be upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Erik Hochweller
Occasional Advisor

one other thing. Im having serious problems logging into that damn switch...

there are two types, the voltaire login which i dont use, and then the HP one, with https://IP address/html/index.html

that only works 25% of the time.. its really frustrating... i have restared the module....

Thanks,
The Brit
Honored Contributor

VCSU does not handle firewalls very well. Make sure there are no firewalls between where you are running the utility, and the destination Enclosure/OA.

Dave.
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

In the VCSU command line it is the IP address of the OA that is asked...
-u is the user password of the OA, -vcu the VC user account... So both have to be given and normally there are different (default) passwords on the OA and VC module...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Erik Hochweller
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I managed today to get it working... after hours of frustration... i had to factory reset the whole damn thing multiple times... and then all i had to do was complete the first step dont set up a virtual network.. nothing... all you have to do is comelete the part where it asks you give the OA details... then you can use vcsu and update the firmware. If you ask me this is way to complicated. Having said that now that i have 3.18 the login and such work beautifully... i havent gotten around to testing much but it seems much more stable... hopefully thats the case..:)

Thanks,

Erik