1753646 Members
6306 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Virtual Connect is all hosed up - Web GUI runs very slowlyyyyyyyy

DerekS_1
Frequent Advisor

Virtual Connect is all hosed up - Web GUI runs very slowlyyyyyyyy

So today I was attempting to start testing on our C-7000 and VC Flex-10 modules. I simply powered one off via the OA GUI. Waited for it to come back online, then power cycled the other module.

I now have significant problems with the VC manager. Many times I get the 'loading...' page and I can't type in my password. Other times I can get past the loading page, but when I type in my credentials it is slowwww....meaning takes 2-5 minutes to get logged in. Once I am in the VC GUI is so slow it's completely unusable..screen paints take MINUTES to complete. It's like the CPU in the VC module is pegged and can't service any requests.

I've even powered down the entire chassis, reseated the VC modules, reset the VCs via OA numerous times, and checked cables. No problems with the OA..it's snappy and responds just like normal. It's the VC that's pig slow.

So far I'm not impressed with the stability of VC. I'm running version 2.32 with OA 3.00.

Ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Clear your browser cache. This normally fixes the slowness problem. (For IE7: under tools, delete browsing history, clear at least the top 3.)

for other browsers: dont know.

HTH

DAve.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Derek,

Dave's idea is right on, your browser cache may be the culprit.

I'm also curious to know if the network settings are correct for the VC modules. I recommend running them on the same VLAN as the OAs, with the same subnet and gateway (I think the newest firmware is the first to allow you to do otherwise.) Are you using a VCM domain IP? The login page may be trying to redirect you to the current active VC module, accounting for some delay.

Also, stay away from IE8... slowness is just one of the many issues VCM has with that browser.

good luck, we appreciate the points if you appreciate the answers!