108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Virtual connect server connection lost

JLMermoud
Frequent Visitor

Virtual connect server connection lost

Hello

In a vcm log, i have the followin message :

Profile state DEGRADED : At least 1 connection OK but not all connections OK, Previous: Enet Network state OK, Cause: Port enc1:iobay1:d1:v1 is disabled and unlinked (smart link);.Port enc1:iobay1:d1:v2 is disabled and unlinked ..

All the ports of all the Blades are mentionned in this message.

AFter a few minutes, the ports are back :

Enet Network state OK : All connections, PhysicalServer OK, Previous: Profile state DEGRADED

But some servers'port do not recover and stay down. the only way then is to reboot

Any solution ?

2 REPLIES 2
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Re: Virtual connect server connection lost

First of all try these steps.

1. If possible try to check the VC flex sync or not. if you know the IP of vcflex login one by one and check the both status of VC flex, one in active mode and second is standby mode.

2. If not sync logon through OA (onboard administrator) and check the status.

3. In OA power off option availabe, if you want then power off and again power on, Possibilities to faulty your VC flex.

But before power off should be spare, you have of VC flex.

One more important point, if you try to power off your vc flex before should be shutdown your server, otherwise negative impact.

I Haq
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: Virtual connect server connection lost

Port enc1:iobay1:d1:v1 is disabled and unlinked (smart link);.Port enc1:iobay1:d1:v2 is disabled and unlinked ..

With reference to above message looks like smart link disabled the downlink port. Hence please check for events with regards to uplink flapping or verify uplink connectivity.

Smart link function:

Enabling smart link configures the network so that if all external links lose their link to external switches, Virtual Connect (VC) drops the Ethernet link on all local server blade Ethernet ports connected to that network.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo