cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirtualConnect web interface will no longer load

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

VirtualConnect web interface will no longer load

In VC, I had a server that showed with a status of "Off", yet the server was on and the OA showed it as on. I had the opertunity to power of the server, so I did so and then tried to power on the server from VC to see if that would "kick the status" into a proper reading. VC sat trying to power on the server for about 15 minutes before I gave up and closed the VC web window. Now I can no longer open the VC web console. It just hangs trying to load.

Anyone know how reset the VC web interface without having to shut down the entire enclosure (which seems to be my solution every time somthing happens on these things).

Nelson
5 REPLIES
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Re: VirtualConnect web interface will no longer load

Nelson,

Proper operating of the VC relies on the correct iLO and BIOS versions on the blades and the OA. Check the release notes for the VC firmware version.
(Basically make sure you have ilO 1.70 and BIOS from at least novemeber time and OA 2.32 or higher)

You can restart an interconnect module by connecting to the active OA via putty/ssh and sending "reset interconnect x" or "restart interconnect x" command - cant remember which - check the help. This will interrupt the VC and you will lose network connectivity on this while it reboots.
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Check the assigned IP addresses under EBIPA - do both VC-Enet modules in bay 1 & 2 still have a valid IP address?

If so, verify you can ping both addresses.

Assuming you can ping, telnet into OA then do a connect interconnect 1 to access the cli of the VC-Enet module. If you can access both VC-Enets (only care about the one's in bay 1 & 2), try both IP addresses in a browser window - don't try to access the VCM from the Virtual Connect Manager link in the OA.

If you are still having trouble, install the VC Support Utility and run a healthcheck & let us know the results. Use the VCSU 1.3.2 version or higher.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Nelson,

I came across an identical scenario. I do agree with previous posters' statements about correct firmware revisions and attempting to contact the VC modules through a telnet to the OA and then:
connect interconnect 1
or
connect interconnect 2
Unfortunately when I tried this I ended up getting messages like "The Virtual Connect Manager is not available right now. Please try again later." Or "Virtual Connect Manager not found at this IP address. Use x.x.x.x".

The resolution in my case was to remove both OA modules and then the OA sleeve that they sit in. Replace the OA sleeve, then the active OA, then the standby OA. Wait about 5-10 minutes and attempt the telnet connections (or GUI sessions) again.

Good luck!
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for the replies.

1) Yes, I am at the current firmware (1.7 for iLO, 2.32 for OA, and 1.34 for VC (2.x was not recommend by HP support so I am at 1.34 per HP)). I have gone through the whole firmware thing with HP support when our VC SAN module randomly loses connectivity.

2) Yes, I have IP addresses for my VCs. The web page opens but it never allows me to login. All I get is "Loading, please wait". See attached screenshot.

3) Since all my servers are boot from SAN, I am guessing they will all BSOD if I reset the VC module.

So I guess, once again, I have to shut down all production servers and reset the enclosure.

Nelson
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I ran this command from the "VC Support Utility" tool:

vcutil -a resetvcm -i xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -u AdminAccountname -p * -b 1

From what I can tell, I lost no blades by running this command.

Nelson